Saturday, November 11, 2006

bestest mommy...

One of the many things that intrigues me about God's creation, is the creation of a mother! What is it that He adds in her being that makes her omnipresent and omnipotent with respect to her offspring? As a daughter, I may never understand, but only wonder!!

It was one of those cold winter mornings, when I felt as grey as the sky was.(Sometimes, it is the weather that determines your mood...the environmental effect!!) It was a regular day when nobody cares what you are feeling, you just need to go about doing your job. There was a feeling of restlessness, despair, an unreasonable worry and it bothered me every minute. I took a deep breath and thought about the status of all perspectives of my life and realised that all was well. There was not one facet that seemed to be weathering the rains, but I still couldn't reason out the worry! When such a thing happens, I usually classify it as ' feeling homesick' ! Well, having come to the conclusion, I decided to call home once I get liberated from the more practical things in life!

Just as that thought occured, my phone rang...it was Ma...! She said she was missing me and wanted to hear my voice. And I was searching for anything that looked like a string jutting out of my body and running into oblivion....the only reasonable way..she could have read my thoughts!! Well..as obvious..I am still looking for that string!!

All mothers have this string and as many strings as the number of children. But I always wondered if this string ran both ways... There are so many instances of a child being able to hear the mother's thought. How come I have never been able to do that? or is it that I did hear and react but never realised my action!

Human beings are selfish....and if there is one facet of human that is selfless...it is definitely a mother!! and like everyone says...my mommy is the best!!

1 comment:

Ranjeeth Shetty said...

Hi Novice,

Sometime I read a book. It said that we decide before our birth the people we interact or want to live with.

It is with them we build a bond. Always we get indication... Being busy our life we fail to identify them...

Mumma always think out her children... She identifies the hint...

Definately Mumma is great...!