Friday, February 29, 2008

The extra day!!

The first leap year ever since I started my blog..n I just had to make an entry! This may be an amalgam of utterly incoherent set of sentences..but then..as I said..it was all about making an entry on this day!!

I love the idea of getting an extra day to live! We all say, life is so short and there is so much to see. So. I plan to make the most of this extra day! But what all can I do today? How many things can I actually give the extra special touch to? If it was up to me, ti would be to everything I routinely do n a lot more!

Sometimes I wonder, why I get so excited about little things like this? The other day, as I watched the sunset over the skyline from my window, I wondered if there were any two sunsets I had seen that were the same! That means the sunset my eyes are soaking in right now,will never happen again! So,isn't this one-time wonder special? To think that in my lifetime again, this signature of the sun to signal the end of another tiring yet beautiful day,will never be seen again, just made me hold on to that moment a little longer.

With all due respect to every relation I am in, the beauty of staying with myself,having those moments of solitude,to appreciate every little thing around me,may be the buildings around or just the little rose that is probably breathing it's last today in that small vase, the dying flame of the candle with it's unique existence adding to the beauty of the ambience, inspite of the magnificent radiance of the morning sun, is something that is absolutely invaluable to me! The freedom to stop a moment before flying through the door in a hurry to get to work on time, to just check how the little snowflake trickled down my window pane, is amazing! Most people find it crazy. I have a heard a lot of people tell me that I should be more practical and realistic and less of the romantic! But everybody lives life. Everybody wakes up in the morning, gets about doing the daily chores,gets to work,comes back from work,,watch TV, have a dinner,hang out with friends,watch a movie and crash into bed again. Yes,these things have their own joy associated. But, Have you ever wondered, what the flower that just bloomed outside looks like when it shies away from the early morning sun? What an aeroplane traversing the vastness of the sky looks like at the touch of dawn? The feel of watching the building in front of you, that you have seen every day,every moment that you have been home, reveal itself as the late night mist clears away? or may be, the antics of the little boy living downstairs,as he has an encounter with the first snow of the year?

Yes,these are little things..magical in themselves.They replenish the vigour in me,fill me with a sense of being alive and soaking in life! I love being a romantic. After all, what matters is the eagerness to live each day to it's fullest.Who cares what sets that eagerness?

So, here is that extra day and I am all set to soak it in!

1 comment:

Aroj said...

Moments back, I was thinking something similar..grateful for the events of the day, no expectations about tomorrow, tomorrow may come or not, but today, those few moments, have given me a sense of peace, happiness, and I am just happy for those moments...

Also read this Kalpana Chawla quote yday," Life is like rock climbing, if you keep thinking of the top, you will find it difficult, the trick is to concentrate on each step..."

And enjoy those little steps that make up our lives...

...ya beauty is in those million little moments...