Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's day!

Valentine's day....a day that celeberates the thumping hearts, the language of the eyes, the unspoken words, the talking silence....a day when most people make an effort and take some time out to let some of the most important people know, what and how much they mean to them.
While most of the world is divided among two groups...one that believes in celeberating this day and the other that doesn't, I guess I belong to a completely different group. To me, this day is about celeberating myself! Coz..when you love someone ( be it mom,dad,friend or a lover) you somehow unwittingly give a part of yourself to them to keep for life and that part of you now belongs to them. So, when I acknowledge their importance in my life, I am acknowledging the fact that I belong to them. From experience I can say..that the feeling of belonging to someone is beautiful, one that puts in a lot of responsibility but one that gives you a purpose and celeberates your existence.

So, when do I celeberate the others' being? Every other day...coz every other day,everything I do depends on the amount and quality of ripples my action will create in their lives. Everything I do is thoughtfully considered,planned,replayed a thousand times, before it is actually carried out to weigh the consequences. So, don't I ever do anything on an impulse? I do..infact most often...and those impulsive acts are ones that come with instant gratification,sometimes positive and many a times negative. But these acts are all the small ones, ones that are inconsequential in the larger frame, ones that bring the thrill in living, the feeling of adventure... n irrespective of the consequence are very enjoyable.

So, yes..to me Valentine's Day is important, it's a day when I pamper myself by telling the people I love that it feels invigorating to belong to them!

3 comments:

Dhanya said...

You write so well.. why don't you write more regularly?

Novice said...

thank u dhanya! will try to bring out more time to nurture this side of me...do feel free to gimme ur thoughts on naythign i write!

Dewdrop said...

Beautiful thought. A sense of belonging to the people you love. Nice to see you writing again. :)