Tuesday, August 01, 2006

....ahh!

Sometimes as I look out of the window, I see myself walking by....smiling and radiant. There is a fullness in me, an all encompassing happiness, a certain peace and feeling of fulfillment. Then I lose myself.
What remains is me.... a restless,dissatisfied mind and an empty heart.
'I am happy'... I say to myself. But my eyes betray my words. What is gnawing at me? What is it that I am looking for? I have everything in life that people pray for...yet there is something missing. Looking for that missing piece in the puzzle of life is the goal of life they say. But can someone tell me what does that missing piece look like?

People say I love drowning in the negatives of life. I say, I voice only the negatives of life. It helps thinking loud and clears my thoughts. This is just one of those phases and a voicing of that phase!!

5 comments:

Sheraton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheraton said...

I have everything in life that people pray for...yet there is something missing. Looking for that missing piece in the puzzle of life is the goal of life they say. But can someone tell me what does that missing piece look like?

Maybe.

Just maybe you are looking for, in my friend's words, "a witness to your life" ...and a life you could be a witness of ; not of the life so far but what of lies ahead, not just as a spectator or a player but both, not in turns but together, not of people into whose grasp, hold and spell you were born into or born around, but of people who you choose and who choose you. In other words, the delightful possibility that you came into this world and made a consistent intimate difference in someone's life by an all-encompassing companionship demands a witness and that is the witness you are looking for, and looking to reciprocate to.

May the witness find you, if you havent been found already :)

- Sharath

Novice said...

I am not sure if that is what i am looking for...sometimes..I seem to want to live the entire life in one minute n be done with it!
In the 'witness' case..you would want to live every moment like it were a lifetime!!

Sheraton said...

:) ..Okay...then I was wrong. As usual :D.

In my experience, baring a few cases, if you are looking for something and you get it, you are relieved. If you are not looking for it, but it comes anyway, you are pleasantly surprised and more memorable.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »